Taxidermy School in St Charles, IA
At the Hutton Valley School of Taxidermy, we focus on teaching you the artistic skills needed to create beautiful mounts and the attention to detail that will keep your customers coming back for more. Our classes start in June and January—contact us today to get more information or to enroll today!
Hello—I’m Roger Hutton, owner and instructor of the Hutton Valley School of Taxidermy. I welcome you to my website and invite you to learn more about myself and my lifelong passion of taxidermy!
I have well over 40 years’ experience in the art of taxidermy and have presented numerous seminars in the field over the course of my tenure. I was also a pioneer in the establishment of the Iowa Taxidermist Association (ITA) and remain an active charter member, involving myself each year in committees to put on an annual show and competition, as well as serving on the Board of Directors and as an officer. In addition, I continue my own professional education through taxidermist publications and seminars at the state, national and worldwide conventions.
Although I’ve won my share of awards in many competitions over the years, it is my primary goal to get you started in your career as a respectable professional taxidermist, or teach you the trade for an enjoyable hobby. This is why I’ve chosen to dedicate myself to my taxidermy school in St. Charles, IA.
A refined learning experience
Because my class sizes are purposely kept small—only four students per taxidermy class in St. Charles, IA—you will benefit from as much close, individualized instruction as you need. I will assure that you gain the knowledge and skills necessary to meet your own personal goals, as well as help you identify your strengths and weaknesses in order to best use your artistic wildlife talents.
You will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of your session—however, your training does not stop when class is over! You will continue to receive personal technical support when you begin to produce mounts at your own home or business for as long as you need it in the categories of species for which you have trained. Other details regarding myself and the course include:
- All specimens and supplies are furnished with the class and included with the cost of tuition—there will be no hidden charges. You may also bring mounts from home.
- We are a member of the Iowa Taxidermist Association (ITA) and the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB).
- We offer on-site lodging for students for a modest fee, central to a number of local attractions.
- Owner and instructor Roger Hutton has been professionally practicing taxidermy for more than four decades.
- We are a Veterans Association (VA) and GI Bill approved taxidermy school.
- We have had students from all over the United States, even as far away as Belgium!
*We still offer taxidermy services! Turnaround time normally runs six months to a year, with a few projects taking a little longer and some a little less. All private taxidermy work taken in is done personally by Roger Hutton. Please contact us for prices and quotes.